Monday, October 15, 2007

First day of training

I had taken Mondays off this month. I was going to sit around and be a house husband but decided to use that time to do training for the new job. I don't start until November but getting training out of the way would be nice.

I took the bus to Imazato, subway to Umeda, then Hankyu to Toyonaka. I called the school at about 8:30 and got a J-staff member on the phone. In the background I heard a lot of activity. It sounded like a riot. Anyway, I told her I was the new cover teacher and asked if someone was going to pick me up as per my instructions. She was confused. So I told her that I'd be at the South exit at 9:10 as planned. It all worked out when I meet other teachers at the station. I found out later that they didn't know that I was coming today.

In any case, I was to observe a class which consisted of 4 going on 5 year olds. They were cool but full of energy. I sat with them for a while. This time was spent observing circle time, where they practiced basic life skills and vocab. After that I sat in a different class. This time I was watching Workbook time. The day passed quickly with lunch, snacks, and activities. The only odd job today was washing dishes but that was easy.

I think the train ride was the longest part of the day. The good part of having a long train ride is having the time to write out a blog post.

No comments: