Friday, January 25, 2008

A place to stay

We got into Vancouver and we started staying with our friend Colleen. Out of the blue my friend Grady asked me if we wanted to house sit for a friend of a friend. I told him yes, as we were couch surfing anyway. He gave my number to a woman named Brenda. When we met her I assumed that she was the apartment owner, but she was actually the neighbour. Brenda gave us a key but told us that she also had a key in case of any emergencies. Upon opening the door we met this mystery woman's boyfriend getting ready to leave.

So even with a neighbour with a key we were there to look after the cat and the place. Well, it was kind of strange but being the good Samaritans we are, we took the key and stayed. The place was very nicely decorated and cozy. Brenda has mentioned that the cat wasn't very cuddly but the cat turned out to be more so than she had made out. The cat's name was Doctor Hoffman and she was a cute black cat. One night I let the Doctor out and a black cat walked in after I heard some screeching and hissing outside. I thought the Doctor looked a little odd but attributed it to the fact maybe she was scared by something outside. Her hair seemed fluffier and she was very cuddly and loved it when I petted her tummy, which the Doctor normally doesn't like. Anyway I brought the cat into the bedroom to ask Jamie if something was wrong. Something was wrong, as the cat I had was not the Doctor! It was another black cat but with longer hair. As I was taking the cat to the back door when the Doctor waltzed in and they hissed at each other.

In the end all was well and we left the apartment and went back to Colleen's place.

No comments: